DUCT CLEANING ON KAUAI: Get your ducts in a row
Rescue Services identifies how you can avoid the build-up of lint in the dryer and in the exhaust duct.
When lint builds up in the dryer or in the exhaust duct, it can block the flow of air and cause excessive heat build-up. When this happens it not only lowers dryer performance, costs more to run, increases wear and tear, but also puts it at risk of catching fire. Dryer lint is highly flammable and causes hundreds of house fires each year. According to The Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), annually there are 15,500 Dryer Fires, up to 30 deaths and over 310 injuries, due to dryer exhaust duct fires.
To prevent these fires, dryer vents must be cleaned regularly. The National Fire Protection Association Standard 211 suggests that dryers be cleaned once a year, and have the vents and hoses inspected for blockages every 6 months.
Don’t let this happen to you! Schedule a cleaning to protect your family and home.
Call our Rescue Services 24-Hour Emergency Response Team at 808.652.5555.
WARNING SIGNS: KNOW WHEN IT’S TIME TO HAVE YOUR DRYER VENT CLEANED
- Increased drying times surpassing 30 – 40 min.
- Excess lint left on your clothing.
- No lint visible on the screen.
- Dryer repeatedly shuts off during the drying cycle.
- The top of the dryer is hot to the touch while running.
- Clothes that are abnormally hot to the touch after drying.